STUDIO MANAGER SYDNEY
Fender Katsalidis (FK) is an architecture and design practice with studios located in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. Employing more than 150 people within a thriving creative culture, the management and studio support function is critical to our ongoing success, team spirit and growth.
Our day to day studio operations rely on the role of Studio Manager who attends to a diverse range of responsibilities primarily in the areas of administration, coordination of HR activities, project resource planning, office financial processes, supervision of the IT function, reception and marketing.
Our ideal candidate will have a personable nature and an enthusiastic approach to supporting project-based, creative teams and a design studio generally. They will be professionally presented and have a proactive attitude. This role requires strong skills in communication, prioritisation of tasks and problem solving. The preferred candidate is experienced in initiating and maintaining process and compliance across a range of finance and administrative functions and takes a holistic approach to the maintenance and improvement of the studio environment and culture.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Initiate and collaborate with studio leadership on a range of finance functions;
- Oversee and authorise office expenditure;
- Assist with HR administrative processes;
- Support development of organisational culture through a range of social and learning initiatives;
- Manage and provide direct and discreet operational and administrative support to the Sydney leadership team through the coordination of admin, reception and IT responsibilities; and
- Ensure premises issues receive timely and appropriate attention and maintain presentation, safety and security of the studio.
The position is well-suited to an individual with a qualification in a relevant business discipline and working knowledge of a design-based professional services environment. Experience in the practical use of an accounting system is desirable.
FK offers successful candidates a flexible and supportive studio environment dedicated to the delivery of design excellence to clients and the built environment. Building facilities include well-appointed end-of-trip facilities and staff lounge. FK social coordinates staff social, engagement and learning opportunities for the team regularly.
Please submit a CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for the role to [email protected]
Subject reference: SYD Studio Manager
Candidates must be currently eligible to live and work in Australia on a permanent basis.