After beginning his career with Robin Boyd—a Melbourne modernist architect of profound historical significance—Karl spent the majority of his formative years in Europe, before completing a Master of Architecture at Harvard University, then working extensively throughout Southeast Asia.
Currently Chairman for the Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitats Awards Jury, he has served as both national and state president of the Australian Institute of Architects, and a Venice Biennale Committee member.
Combined with his indefatigable work ethic, Karl’s richly diverse background ensures he remains an active contributor across all design areas of the practice, as well as a continual presence throughout the life of each project for clients.
Karl is an avowed urbanist who loves life in the city and seeks every opportunity to improve liveability through the influence of the buildings and precincts he helps create.
- Registered Architect in the State of Victoria, Australia (#12901)
- Registered Architect in the Australian, Capital Territory (#1094)
- Registered Architect in the State of New South Wales, Australia (#6770)
- Registered Architect in the State of Queensland, Australia (#4736)
- Registered Architect in the State of Western Australia, Australia (#1976)
- Registered Architect in the State of South Australia, Australia (#2631)