Australia 108 is a landmark of Melbourne and the tallest residential tower to roof in the Southern Hemisphere. Rising over three hundred metres, the project is an urban marker, which has redefined both the Melbourne skyline and city living.
Australian Institute of Architects VIC Residential Awards, Shortlisted - Residential Architecture - Multiple Housing, 2023
Australian Institute of Architects VIC Awards, Finalist - Residential Architecture - Multiple Housing, 2022
World Architecture Festival, Shortlisted - Completed Buildings - Housing, 2022
Emporis Skyscraper of the Year Awards, Seventh Place, 2020
Home to a diverse residential community, Australia 108 embodies the essence of the city and the cultural arts precinct it resides in. The supertall tower offers 1,105 luxury apartments over 100 floors with unrivalled internal amenity across more than 4,000sqm of communal internal space.
Redefining how supertall residential buildings are perceived, the way Australia 108 is viewed in the skyline is as important as the street-level experience. Australia 108’s elegant silhouette shares a strong, visual relationship with its skyline partner, Eureka Tower, while its inviting ground-level experience connects masterfully to the Southbank neighbourhood.
The centrepiece of the building is the starburst located at levels 71 and 72, which act as a celebration of community within the building. Cantilevering out over the city street’s below, the starburst accommodates the Star Club’s assembly of health, wellbeing, social and private spaces, including a double-height sky garden and two infinity edge swimming pools.
Local soil conditions led to the creation of an open-deck aboveground carpark as a series of terraced and interlocking garden beds flanked with large mature palms and cascading foliage.
The apartments themselves offer a diversity of sizes and types, from the more affordable to the ultra-luxurious. This mix of scale is important in creating diverse community with a range of residents.
Australia 108 has conceived a thriving vertical community in an era when densification of the city is becoming increasingly critical.
Karl Fender OAM
- ‘”Forming a bridge between earth & sky”; How Fender Katsalidis designed Australia 108, the Southern Hemisphere's tallest apartment tower’
‘Pools near me: How to get pool ready for next summer via Australia’s 100 Cool Pools’
- ‘Symphony high in city's tallest building’
- ‘Australia 108 complete, celebrating with MSO concert 212m in the sky’
- ‘The Southern Hemisphere’s tallest residential tower celebrates grand completion’
- ‘2021 Australian construction achievement award finalists announced’
- ‘Melbourne is now home to the highest infinity pool in Australia’
- ‘Victoria’s best pools: great ideas and inspiration for your own pool building project’
- ‘Raising the roof on luxury apartment living - Australia 108 is home to the Southern Hemisphere’s highest residences’
- ‘Renters on cloud nine at Australia 108’